Friday, October 5, 2012

More to life

There is more to life, right?

I used to love what I do, teaching WAS fun and fulfilling! Now, it's changed for me. I work MANY hours at my job that is not always fulfilling. I am in constant stress, which has effected my family.

I don't know what the answer is about my less than exciting job, but I am searching.....

I like nice things! I love to decorate! I enjoy organizing! I like order and clean counters! I love my label maker! I like calm! I enjoy taking pictures! I love to shop! I enjoy going out! I love Pinterest! I like Instagram! I enjoy facebook! I like to eat good foods! I love to read! I enjoy going to the movies!

I dislike clutter! I don't like noise! I dislike being bored! I HATE weight gain! I dislike being hot! I HATE video games! I dislike my salary! I hate selfish people! I dislike asking for help! I don't like being alone (sometimes)! I hate sickness!

I have discovered that I am living a robotic life! I do the same things everyday, with very little variation. I get bored easily! So when Pinterest came along, I jumped right in! I have done projects here and there and tried many recipes that I have pinned! I have said that Pinterest is like crack! Not that I know personally what crack is like, but from what I have seen.....IT'S ADDICTIVE! I can't sleep, I pin! I'm bored, I pin! I am waiting for dinner to cook, I pin!!! I think I could pin in my sleep! Pinterest has kick started my engine!

I am trying really hard to quit sulking around, stop complaining about my mundane life, and get busy! I have always been really good at starting new things, but never following through! I hope that this will change. I am taking it day to day and hope that I can continue focusing on my family and what I love rather than the things that I hate! I want to no longer be consumed with things that do not matter or people who may disappoint me.

Here's to some positive thoughts.....
Tis the season for spiders and witches.....come on cool weather! Fall is my favorite time of year! I hate that in Arizona we still have over 100 degree days:( I miss the changing of colors and the cool breeze! I miss the pumpkin patches and apple orchards! I miss hot apple cider and fresh baked goodies!

 
 
 

We've started working on fall decorating....still more to do, but here's a peek of what we have done so far! I credit my wonderfully talented mother for the creative juices that flow through our home!!
 
 

No comments: