Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Part 3 of Peyton's Kindergarten

So today I pick up Peyton. He comes running to the car! He jumps in and shouts, "Mommy I did it!! I came when they called my name and then I saw our car!!" He was so proud, and so was I that he was not lost:)

I proceed to ask about his day. He now has multiple friends. This is great since the first day of school he tells me that he isn't going to make new friends and he misses his Preschool friends! I am glad that Cameron, Nathan, Daniel, and Javani(sp?) are now his friends, oh and of course Callahan!! Well, then he tells me that he got embarrassed today. I asked him why and this is how he explained it: "Well, I bent over and my shirt came up, and those girls started laughing at me" I said, "Why were they laughing at you?" He says, "I dunno" I said, "Well Peyton, why didn't you make a silly face at them?" He says, "Ugh, NO! That means I like them! And I don't like girls!" I said, "Well, you can be friends with them" He says, "I can't have 'girl' friends at Kindergarten, only at Preschool!!!" I told him he was being silly. While we were talking he was playing with a toy dinosaur...He then says, "I will just take my dragon and scare them......RRRRRRRRRR"!!!!

The End

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness. I was really behind on checking your site. My apologies. Wow, you have a great kid. I am laughing so hard. You gotta love them sub teachers. ;-)
It is great to read about your son's kindergarten adventures. Wow. Brady's class has 21 kids...and ONLY FIVE of them are GIRLS. Can you imagine what that is like? wow. Ok. Miss you! I promise to be better at checking your site now. I think I am finally used to my work schedule and am not so exhausted...