Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh yes, there is more to the story!

This morning when I dropped off my sweet little Kindergartener, I was greeted by his substitute teacher! She proceeds to tell me how bouncy Peyton was. Now, I have heard people call Carlee bouncy, but not Peyton. So, I agree that he is very active(I prefer this terminology) Then she asks Peyton (in a sweet little voice) if he was going to remember not to lift his shirt and yell, "Hey girls"!!!!! OMG! My son is a flasher!!! Of course if you remember from the previous post, this is not the story from my sweet little Kindergartener!! I mention my version of the story to Mrs. Blankenship(his substitute) and she fills me in on the real story. She said that Peyton lifted his shirt and yelled, Hey girls! Then the girls looked and laughed! She then proceeds to tell me that he likes to be the "Class Clown". Of course he is! Do you not know me and Dave?!?!?!?! We are possibly the funniest people on the planet.....no really, we are! We both ended up with the funny gene in the family! So naturally Peyton and Carlee would inherit this glorious quality. I am not sure Mrs. Blankenship knew that; but she does now! Poor thing! She doesn't know talent when she sees it:) I suppose we will have to teach Peyton how to be a little more reserved with his funny gene! But all in all, another great story for the books! Who knew that Kindergarten would be this exciting!!!

5 comments:

j said...

Oh dear sister---you inherited the funny gene in the family????--I don't think so---I am told everyday by numerous people how hilarious I am---now as far as your son being a flasher-he did get that from you-I seem to recall a young allie racing through the house with limited clothing to the astonishment of our father--remind me what was it that he always told you to do??? Surely you haven't forgotten :) Libby

j said...

And here you thought--that Peyton was being influenced by a mini Hugh Hefner at school---only to find out--Peyton IS Hugh!!!!
I'm sure that today was a very proud day for Dave Carpenter!!! lol!!! Libby

Allie Carpenter said...

Excuse me dear sister, but obviously your "numerous people" have not met me! Yes, I do remember what dad would say. How could I forget that:)

j said...

Maybe you are right--you could be the funniest one in the family---after all I get a lot of laughs from my "people" when I share stories about the carpenter clan--so maybe I have rode your coat-tails a little bit!! lol!!

Lauren said...

Allie - I have to say you are one funny bird! I was so blessed to have you to go through freshman year with. We spent too many dark, lonely nights hanging out of our dorm window making jokes at all the people coming in from their "dates". You still crack me up! (Eggar.....)