Monday, August 3, 2009

Part 2 of Peyton's first days of Kindergarten!

Okay, so day two and three were much better! Thank you to all who were so concerned! I was able to pick him up at the door the following day without any problems. They even smiled real big when I told them who I was picking up. The lady said, "Oh yes, we know where Peyton is". I said (under my breath), you're darn right! Today it was hard dropping him off. I am sick and he was sad for me to go! It was torture watching him just stand and watch me and Carlee walk away! Maybe I need to stay in the car and just pull up and let him out! Nah, he's my baby! I will walk him in until he is too embarrassed (maybe high school:)

So, some of the stories I have been told by Peyton about his first week go like this:
Mommy: "Peyton, how was school today?" Peyton: "Fine" Okay, stop right there! I expected for him not to shut up about how fun it was, how he made new friends, etc..... and all I got was fine!
Well, it got better! As the night went on, he started to freely offer details about his day. He told me that boys and girls kiss. Hmm, okay I said! Then I asked him how he knew that, and I quote, "I'm a professional, Mom"!!!!!!!!!! I quickly asked if he was a professional at kissing, he gave me this look that I was crazy and responded, "No, I just know things!"
WOW~ this is what public school education is like!
The next day I get this: "Mom, what's that noise you make when you see hot chicks?" I said, WHAT!?!?!?! He answers himself; "I know, and then whistles" First of all, who is my child hangin out with in Kindergarten, a mini Hugh Hefner! And for days now he has been telling me that I am HOT! Okay, so maybe I am a little flattered, but creeped out at the same time!


I have this week off, then Carlee and I start school on the 10th. I am glad that she and I have some time together! Today we decided to drive through Dunkin Donuts and grab some breakfast, shh....don't tell Peyton! We have been playing babies, having tea parties, and playing Play doh! She is a lot of fun and rather quiet when Peyton is not around! Who knows what the rest of the week holds for me and Miss Carlee Jane Carpenter!! Stay tuned!!!

In other news, now that Dave has his dream job.....I am seeing a whole new side to him. Before, he never let things get to him...just let things roll off his back! Always hated that he could be like that! Anyway, he is stressed in a way that I have never seen before! He says it's a good stress, but whatever! I am so thankful for this job! I am glad he now get's to do something he loves, teaching and coaching! Open gym starts tomoroow....looks like I might not see him so much for awhile!

1 comment:

j said...

Always love Peyton storys---he does not need to increase his vocabulary!!!!
He is going to change so much---enjoy every story he tells you--even those you don't want to hear!!
Peyton Douglas is one of a kind and a much loved little boy!!

Thanks for sharing