Thursday, June 19, 2008

PRAISE GOD! Update on Dave

Some of you may not have heard, but here's the story. I may not give all the details, but I truly do not want to relive those emotions. Dave really needs your prayers. He was seriously injured at work today. He was electrocuted with an extremely high voltage and has serious burns on both hands. He was up on a lift and pinned down by live wires. Someone heard him screaming and scaled up the lift and pulled the wires off him. This certain someone, Steve, (OUR HERO) wasn't supposed to be there. He is usually at lunch. Today he decided to take a late lunch. PRAISE GOD he did! If he had not have been there, well....Dave would not still be with us. I can barely type those words. I still am nauseous when I think about the "what ifs".
He was taken by ambulance and stayed in burn unit for a while. We did get to come home tonight because Dave requested it. They have given him pain meds so hopefully that will help. He is in lots of pain both physically and emotionally. GOD is Great! He's alive That is all Dave keeps saying. Please pray for his pain tolerance. We have to change bandages twice a day and scrub his burns. He has one finger which will need therapy. It's the finger that the voltage exited him body. He came out of the knuckle. He could have ligament damage. Just pray! And thank God for sparing Dave's life. There is a reason for this. It was nice to hear Dave being a testimony to all the Doctors and Nurses. He kept repeating that only the grace of God! Maybe Dave's co-worker whom he's been trying to be a witness to will accept Christ. Who knows the reason for what happened today. But we are thankful! We appreciate your prayers!

7 comments:

Trudy said...

Allie, Dave and you and your family have been on our minds and in our prayers so much. I love you and I want to do something for you.......can I make you dinner?
Let me know.
Trudy

Trudy said...

Does creamy pasta sound good with garlic bread and a salad and some chocolate chip cookies? The pasta has brocolli, grilled chicken, carrots and sun dried tomatoes.
What salad dressing do you guys like?

Trudy said...

Can I bring it at 5:30 today?
I am so excited to be able to do something. I am so thankful Dave is okay!! Tell him homemade Ranch it is:)

Trudy said...

You bet, I will drop it off at 5:30 hot and ready to eat. Have a great day!!

Sparklinbecks said...

Whoa! What a scary situation and a HUGE praise! Praise God that he is home!!

Let me know if i can do anything!

Hilary said...

You guys are definitely in our prayers. Thanks be to God! I would hug you if I could.

Lauren said...

Oh Allie! So sorry to hear about this. I'll keep Dave (and you) in my prayers. I am so thankful God spared Dave and hope that he heals quickly!

Love you!!