Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I am sure everyone says this, but I do believe I have the best husband/father! God truly gave me the perfect mate! As we celebrate Father's day today and then our 7th anniversary tomorrow, I get so emotional thinking about what an amazing man I married. I mean come on, he puts up with ME!!! He is so good with our children. He always makes sure we have everything we need. As I sit and type this, I am listening to Dave and Peyton play Lego Star Wars. It makes my heart happy to hear their interaction. The best is when Dave comes home from work and the kids act like they haven't seen him in days. They both scream, "Daddy". They joy on all of their faces is priceless. I honestly don't think Dave has ever walked in the door with a grouchy attitude. His face lights up when he sees his family. God has truly molded Dave into the wonderful father he is. Dave never had his father in the house to show him how to love and be there for his children. Dave truly strives to be the father he never really had. He works harder than any husband/father I know. He works over 40 hours and is getting his Master's degree, all while being a husband and father. He is the most committed and trustworthy man that I have ever met. I realize more and more just how much alike Dave is to my dad. My mom and I often laugh at just how much alike they are. If my dad were here today, I am sure they would both be sitting on the couch in their own little world, while my mom and I are in the background trying to get them to listen to us:) I would love to have my dad back just so he could actually meet Dave and my children and see just how much alike they are. I look forward to the day when I can see my dad again and thank him for teaching me about love, commitment and trustworthiness. I am thankful that I have security in knowing that I will one day see him again!


This is so Dave and Peyton. They are two of a kind!

This is Dave and his little clone. Carlee for sure has her Daddy's heart wrapped around every finger and toe. No one messes with Team Carlee!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey Allie! Just checking in. It really is amazing how these guys grow up into such good dads, isn't it?! We are very fortunate! Hope yall are having a nice, cool summer. Miss ya!