Sunday, February 20, 2011

A look back on the life of a princess

Has it really been 4 years since our precious little princess entered this world?!?!? Boy, does time fly! I want to freeze time and keep her little, maybe not as sassy, but young and innocent. I remember the day she was born so vividly. She is a special little girl, so her entry into the world had to be special.
4 years ago we lived in a small town in Illinois. With Peyton I had a rough delivery so I knew I wanted something different with Carlee. I was fortunate to have a midwife, who also delivered my nieces. She was amazing!! Somehow I decided to have a water birth. I am not sure how I came to this decision. It's not like me to choose something so non-conventional. I was nervous, but I remembered the pain I had with the drugs when I had Peyton. It was a quick delivery (Praise the Lord)! I was in labor about 3 hours and pushed for 30 minutes. I did however lose a lot of blood and passed out a couple of times, but other than that we did great!
Since Carlee was born, she has made it known when she is not happy. She is a outspoken little girl with an adorable imagination and vocabulary. She can be a bit on the dramatic side, but what girl isn't?!? She has always kept us on our toes! She, like her baby brother Lincoln, started walking in between 9 and 10 months. She has always been a good eater, until she hit this snacking stage within the last year! She has her dad and her granny wrapped around her finger. When she is a stinker, it is hard for us not to laugh!!
I am so thankful that God blessed me with a little girl! I am glad that He decided one girl is all I needed! Carlee brings a fun and playful girly side to this family.
Her birthday this year was of course another girly celebration! Pink, candy, pedicures, manicures, presents, friends, and cupcakes...what more could a girl want! She of course was cute as a button in her new birthday dress (from Old Navy). She really enjoyed having her friends come over and play.

Here is a glimpse of Carlee from years past in pictures (there are a lot, couldn't pass up on some):
































Tomorrow I will blog about the princess' 4th birthday

1 comment:

J said...

Carlee Carpenter...Her name says it all--love it!!! As corny as this saying is--She had me at hello--she really did, at first glance I knew this little girl was going to be very special to me---She truly is My Girl--and she tells me that we are "best friends"--And I believe her!!!!--There is not anything that I wouldn't do for this little stinker. I love spending all my time with her--she is just amazing--Carlee, I love you with all that I am!