Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A very lonely week

Well, it's Wednesday night and already I feel like it's Friday. I am tired, cranky, and sore. I have had the kids all week by myself. Dave had to go out of town for the week and won't be back until Friday. I couldn't imagine if I had to be a single parent or married to someone who travels a lot. I need a man, I'm not gonna lie! I have had to take out trash, mow the yard, do bath time EVERY night; on top of going to school everyday. It's a lot of work getting me and two kids out the door for school everyday; at least in the summer! I HATE teaching in the summer! Which leads me to my exciting news; I have decided to go back to school and get my Master's. I have been thinking and praying about it for a long time. I met with a lady and she walked me through the program. I am going to be getting my Master's in Special Education. I am excited, but not so excited to do homework. Dave is still taking classes for his Master's. Not sure how it's going to work with both of us with homework. We'll see! Pray for us that we don't kill each other and that our kids manage to eat and bathe! Just kidding Granny.

We had water day at school today. The kids had a great time. We took our sprinkler to share with everyone. I cut up a huge watermelon and we did a cute watermelon craft. Carlee has a little "friend". I will call him that because Dave would freak if I said boyfriend. I can't wait for him to see the pictures I took. His name is Caylan. He loves Carlee. One day out of the blue he started calling her Carlee bon James; I think it may be a variation of Carlee Jane? He is the funniest kid I have met! Check out pictures below.

Let's see, what else is new? Oh, my leg has been going numb. It hasn't done that since I was in my last month of pregnancy with Carlee. She sat on my sciatic nerve, little stinker. I had to go to Chiropractor several times for adjustments. Maybe I need to go again. I get monthly massages, but that doesn't seem to help.

Well I guess that is all I have to say. I miss my Mom and Sister; I miss Dave; I miss more than 8 hours sleep in one night; I miss laying out in the sun; I miss my Fall TV shows; and that's all!

Here's her life size bunny from Granny and Aunt Bibby!


Bunny Outfit. Thanks Granny!




Granny and Peyton saying good bye!


Carlee was too tired for pictures!


Peyton loves the sprinkler!


Look at those ruffles:O)


Carlee and Matthew are in the same class. Matthew's a Big Brother as of 1:30 this morning! Congrats Matthew!


Here's Caylan making a move!


I don't think Carlee feels the same about Caylan!



Here's our Watermelon Craft!



4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! That sounds exciting - getting your Masters - but I know it will take a lot of hard work. Good luck! I think Granny is going to have to move to AZ. =)

j said...

Let's see---I buy Peyton Carpenter three pairs of swimtrunks--Spiderman, Hulk, and Pirates of Carribean--so this aunt wants to know why he is wearing Buzz Lightyear. :) I am not happy!!!

Aunt Bibby

Olivia and Michael Fitch said...

Ya know.... That kiss looks like Carlee enjoyed it, but if you saw the smack Carlee gave Caylen afterwards, you would know it wasn't.

Congrats on your masters!

Sparklinbecks said...

Olivia always gets that song in my head too!

Cute pictures! You and your mom look so much alike!!