Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Exciting Plans for the summer

This summer we have BIG plans! It is so exciting I can not believe we are finally able to do something this exciting!! Are you curious????

We are finally accomplishing our huge to do list:) I know, not the excitement we really were hoping for! We have been putting off things because there is never enough time. Well, since we are both teachers and get the luxury of having summers free, we decided to finish some projects!

I am really lucky to have such a handy husband! He can pretty much do everything, and if he has never tried, that doesn't stop him! He researches and asks around and the next thing you know, it's done!!

Here and there I have been purging closets, getting more organized, and redecorating a few things. Dave is building a closet and a door for my mom's room. In just one day he was able to get the frame built and wire ran for the new outlets. Did I mention that he is even making a cut out with an accent light too:) So proud to have a handy Carpenter;)



What else....

I found an awesome deal and a local thrift store....a huge leather ottamon to match our leather living room set. Even the legs are identical:) You should have seen my face when I spotted it! I am sure I looked silly when I kinda jumped and squealed!


I am currently trying to sell my high top table with four chairs, because I found a new one:) Since our family has grown, it is hard for all of us to eat at the table at the same time. I found a long table with four chairs and a bench:) Now we can all fit! I just got to convince Dave:)

We purchased a small pool for the kids to play around in this summer. It gets so stinking hot here that we have to do something. They LOVE it! It's the perfect size and I feel safe with them in it!

Gotta run! Pics from our Pool Play date coming later:)

No comments: