Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This week on Desert Moon Trail.......



The kids have been in VBS. They are enjoying the games and crafts. Carlee was hesitant at first, but she gets so excited to show us what she made when we pick her up.


They will be performing this Sunday in both services! I can't wait to see it. Unfortunately Dave will miss it because of ANOTHER Basketball camp. Which leads to the rest of this post.....


We said good bye to Granny and Daddy on the same day:( It was a sad and lonely day! Culture shock for Mommy. I have went 6 weeks and then some with help from Dave and my mom (mostly mom)!
It is no easy task taking care of 3 kids and a house ALL by yourself!
Being a teacher is great because of your summers off...but if you are a Basketball Coach, there is always a camp or open gym! Dave has been really busy with camps lately so the kids and I have to tough it out!


Peyton is such a sweetie with Lincoln. He may be a stinker who likes to tell a lie or ten and karate chop his sister on occasion and call his Granny an 'Old Lady'; but he adores his little brother. He has really stepped it up with Dave being gone. He is such a helper to me!


So to beat the heat and occupy (wear them out) the kids, we headed to Bounce U.




We decided to invite the cousins so they would have someone to play with:) Kenzie and Peyton are really close in age, so they always seem to play (wrestle) together!


Kallie is always two steps behind making sure everyone is safe and playing fairly!






Looks like Daddy needs to work on his form!





Funny thing about this picture....I had put the 'B B' in my purse so that she could concentrate on playing, plus I didn't want germs all over it:)
Anyway, she came over and started going through my purse. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, " I wanna get my BB so I can have a few sucks!" She proceeded to put a tag in her mouth and suck on it! Then she threw it at me and off she went!!
This girl is a MESS! I need to start taking pictures of all that she is doing mainly for evidence! She is into EVERYTHING! I guess she is doing it for attention.
But here is a small list of the things she has done in the past week

1. Drew in Sharpie all over her comforter and wall
2. Took Lincoln's antibiotic cream (not cheap) and put it all over her door
3. Hid food in random places all over the house
4. Hid toys in random places instead of putting them away where they go
5. Given many dirty looks and screamed, "I'm mad at you"

I could keep going, but I will stop here! You can not take your eyes off this little girl! She is adorable, but she can NOT be trusted:)

We have also gone to the grocery store ALONE! That was not too bad. I was prepared so it was a lot smoother than expected.
I have made a schedule for us to kinda follow. We have been cooking random things (mainly sweets), working in our learning workbooks, making Father's Day crafts, swimming, watching many movies, and SLEEPING IN:)

I have been working on a few crafty projects. I am creating a command center. A place where I keep our calendar and the kids chore/behavior charts. I am trying to get us organized and on somewhat of a schedule so that when school starts back it won't be too bad!

I can't believe school starts in 4 weeks:(

Time Flies!!!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Quit posting this stuff!!!! I miss them kids like crazy and want to see them so bad. When you post your stories of them and the things they say, I can totally hear them in my head word for word. I gotta see the new boy. I am not sure I'd know how to hold a newborn boy but I'd try it!

I wish we didn't live in BFI but what can we do right now? You guys aren't finding us any jobs down there.

Though I'd say "Hi" and tell you we miss you guys. Take care and cute update!

J said...

CARPENTER CLAN--- The For Sale sign is in my yard!!! My house is officially on the market!!! Please Lord let it sell fast---I am ready to join your clan!!!

I miss you guys so much!!! Yes-the way too smart Peyton (even if he does call me Old Lady) just to get a reaction out of me--he is a stinker!!
And Oh!!! Carlee-- just to follow her for one day and what all she gets into--and all that she says and her cute sassy attitude--I love it all---so much fun just to be around those active two.
Remember...when Lincoln cries you pick him up!!! simple as that:)

Sister-Wife keep our man in line!!
Oh, how I miss his grilling!!